Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 x 100g Mainstream Barramundi fillets
- 1/3 cup (50g) of plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup (50g) dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 bread rolls
- Watercress sprigs, sliced tomato and sliced avocado
- Tartare sauce
- 1 cup (300g) of whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbs lemon juice and lemon wedges
- 2 tbs chopped cornichons
- 1 tbs chopped capers
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Coat in the flour, then dip in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Place on a plate and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep heavy-based frypan over medium heat. In 2 batches, add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, for tartare sauce, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Spread a tartare onto bun bases, then top with watercress, tomato, avocado and fish. Dollop with a little more tartare and place bun lids on top. Serve with lemon.