Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 (about 600g) Golden Delight potatoes, peeled
- 450g Mainstream Barramundi fillets
- 260g (1 3/4 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 375ml beer
- Peanut oil, to deep-fry
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- ¼ bunch Flat-Leaf Parsley
Minted Pea Mayo
- 120g (3/4 cup) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 170g (2/3 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- To make the minted pea mayo, cook the peas in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water. Process the peas, mint, garlic and half the mayonnaise in a small food processor until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir through remaining mayonnaise until well combined. Cover. Store in the fridge until required.
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Cut into 1cm-thick slices.
- Trim broccolini, and then cut in to 4cm florets. Set these aside.
- Cut fish into 4 x 12cm pieces. Whisk together 225g (1 1/2 cups) of the flour and the baking powder in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre. Gradually pour in the beer, whisking constantly, until a smooth batter forms. Pour enough oil to come one-third of the way up the side of a wok or large saucepan.
- Dip the fish in the batter and cook, in 3 batches, for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Lightly dip the potato slices in the remaining batter and cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Season fish and scallops with sea salt and serve with minted pea mayonnaise and lemon wedges.